Via Nova Equine Clinic is a newly built modern clinic equipped with the latest facilities such as MRI, CT-scan, surgery rooms (standing and general anaesthesia), SPA, 40 indoor stables, grass paddocks, walker and multiple trot-up areas including two big arenas (indoor and outdoor) situated in Bree, Belgium. We highly value being a supportive, caring and friendly group.
We currently offer 4 internship positions for recent graduated veterinarians looking to gain experience in equine medicine. Interns will work closely with our veterinarians and learn from the experience of Diplomate Specialists in Surgery, Diagnostic Imaging, Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, Internal Medicine and Ophthalmology.
We encourage our interns to follow several projects of personal interest. Once a week during a “journal club” session the interns expose articles and projects that they have chosen or been working on. The interns are also welcome to attend veterinary conferences or courses that we organise at our centre free of charge.
Duration of the internship:
It is a one-year program divided in 4 weekly rotations:
- Anaesthesia and Internal Medicine
- Rehabilitation and Imaging
2 positions in September and 2 in January.
- Have a diploma of Veterinary Medicine (we accept applications of final year students)
- Good knowledge of English. We are a very international group, so we established English as our base language but other languages as Dutch, French and German are regarded as an asset.
- We are looking for a friendly, passionate and hard-working person that values teamwork and professionalism
- We ask potential candidates to do an externship of minimum 2 weeks with us
- You will be enrolled as a fulltime employee
- Interns are expected to find and arrange their own housing
Applications should include:
- Current CV + Motivation Letter (in English!)
- The Veterinary Medicine Diploma
- A letter of recommendation or 2 persons of reference (name, phone and e-mail address)
Please email your application to email@example.com.